FROM ADULT STUDENT TO EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION GRADUATE π
Hey ya or should I say Kia ora π♀️
First day as an adult student and by end of day I was feeling π€―π΄ At current I'm on a waiting list since I enrolled late.
On this post I'll be sharing my experience as an adult student during course. I haven't been in a classroom since 1990s. My first challenge will be Work, Life, Balance and early starts catching bus π 0730.
Day 1
Lots of info, mainly commonsense regarding behaviour etc. This week is intro week to help get to know stuff we need to know like how to find our classes, loos, info desk, course content etc. Even though I'm on waiting list for actual placement this week is important so I'll attend.
FIRST WEEK COMPLETE π€―π΄π€
What an intense week of learning π³ I haven't been in an actual classroom since my high school days (1990s). My last study was correspondence so study at home which I love π₯° At course everything is now Now NOW π€― By end of the day I'm stressed out and just need to get away.
Our last session was whole day of class work, by arvo I was exhausted and just wanted to go home, of course I stayed and got through. I'm self aware I need more than just water to help me through so I'll keep this in mind.
I'm also self aware that traveling on bus to course makes me very sleepy, zaps the energy I had before getting on bus, so need a pick up after getting off bus and walking rest way to course (10 min walk). Walking is great I can stretch and relieve my lower back strain from just sitting on bus π
FYI no longer on waiting list an official enrolled student π
5 MARCH 2025
Into 3rd week of course, unfortunately have become sickπ€§, had to miss a day in class, thankfully I have the tools to catch up. Still feel pressure at my learning institute, and becoming self aware of the teachers (kaiako) behaviors, one in particular is manipulative and judgemental which I don't appreciate when we as students are learning Professional Behavior and this kaiako isn't being professional by arriving late to class and handing out lollies to dismiss her lateness. The kaiako even judged us students non engagement in class and wants us to be enthusiastic and passionate like them. I know not to get on this kaiako bad side, just stay aware and do the mahi (work).
Pressure to already enroll for the next level when we haven't completed our current level, don't like this at all π€¨
Despite my self awareness of dislikes I'm confident in completing the 2 assessments due this month π
12 MARCH 2025
Into week 3 at course and finally know what's expected of me to use class work to work on assessments for every subject, not just the assessments due. This will help me to stay on task and not feel overwhelmed.
Today I worked from home, nasty weather to be out and about in, still not completely over my cold so taking care. I love working from home as I don't feel the constant stress I do feel at course in the classroom.Working from home is better for my mental health and well-being π₯° When I need to work from home I will, always notify my kaiako of my absence in class and know I'm working from home π
Workplace starts next week and still getting sorted where I'll be going π€
19 MARCH 2025
Today was my first day on work placement. I loved it π₯° The tamariki were kind and caring made me feel very welcomed ☺️ Looking forward to returning next week.
9 MAY 2025
Long time no blogging, busy with getting assessments done, at work placement (week 6, even though only they are once a week). I'm pleased to say all the assessments that have been submitted and marked I have passed π₯³
I have just 3 assessments left.
20 MAY 2025
Tomorrow is my fav day of course work placement π₯° It will be nerve wreaking cos my tutor will be coming to observe me π¬ I really don't like people over my shoulder it makes me very nervous, but it is what is and a requirement for an assessment so just gotta do it.
I have 2 assessments due on the same day so working on both of them π
As for being in class it seems just me and another classmate (both in our 40s) contribute way more than others, it's starting to piss me off. I want to do a social experiment for us two not to go to class for a day so the others will have to contribute, I wonder if our tutor would agree to this π€ Am I brave enough to even ask.
21 MAY 2025
I had my tutor observe me at placement this morning and happy to say it went well π€ Just have 4 days left of placement next week and that will be that.
30 May 2025
Placement has finito, yesterday was my last day. It was a struggle since I wasn't feeling well but had to show up on my last day. Yes I have flu π€§
The centre gave me gifts to say thanks π₯°

Comments
Post a Comment