JOB HUNTING CONTINUES
Hey Y'all π
For any readers hope this blog does help you find work and if you are job hunting too and would like to share your experience feel free to comment.
18 AUGUST 2016
I had appointment with Miranda Smith Homecare today and now awaiting a police check should take 3 weeks. I had an interesting
chat about what clothing is expected from some clients reason is the client doesnt want their careworker to look like a careworker 'cause they seem embarrassed that they need help so like their careworker to dress like a friend of theirs. I was shocked hearing this as I've never had appropriate clothing discussed when I was a careworker many years ago. I do understand that the wishes of the client need to be respected and just feel sad that they feel embarassed needing help when they shouldn't.
Although I'm registered with MSH there's no guarantee I'll get work and allowed to have work elsewhere.
Speaking of elsewhere I tried applying online at Medcall but had technical problems so will go apply in person tomorrow.
19 AUGUST 2016
I went into Medcall today but was told the job was for residential so retirement village and I'm experienced and only qualified for community work, helping someone in their own home. The lady appreciated me coming in person and was sorry it wasn't the work I'm looking for. The joys of job hunting is getting your hopes up just to have them crushed, despite my disappointment I'll keep looking.
22 AUGUST 2016
Got a reply from Nurse Maude and 'cause all their Careworker community work requires driving so I'm out. I've got one more care agency to try so wait and see what happens.
21 SEPTEMBER 2016
I applied for a Community Support Worker at Health Care NZ and it has been over a week so I called to follow up to see if my application had been received. I was told there have already been 80 applications and they won't be looked at till after the cut off date this Friday 23 September. Talk about competition eek!
14 OCTOBER 2016
I went for a job interview for a cleaning job today and I'm on a month trial to see how things go. I start next week :) How I found this job was I joined a neighbourly website placed my own ad looking for cleaning work and someone replied and has given me the opportunity for weekly work read about it at http://jobhuntingchch.blogspot.co.nz/2016/10/cleaning-job-trial-run.html
No reply from Health Care NZ regarding Community Support Worker yet.
2 NOVEMBER 2016
I have a job interview tomorrow at a Bar/Restaurant just up the road where I live, I'll let ya know how it goes.
3 NOVEMBER 2016
Happy my job interview at the Bar/Restaurant went well, I'm going to be trained and see how I go :) Watch this space.
23 NOVEMBER 2016
No reply from Health Care NZ so I'm guessing the position has been filled.
25 NOVEMBER 2016
I followed up about my training at the Bar/Restaurant and it was a misunderstanding, they already have their staff so no guarantee of anything :(
15 FEBRUARY 2017
Saw this job today and had 2 hours to get my application together to get it in on time. Now play the waiting game. I do feel disadvantaged by them wanting someone 12 years and older, sounds like they're looking for someone school age so they will be paid less. No harm in trying.
22 FEBRUARY 2011
Didn't get the job but nice to get a reply :)
19 JUNE 2017
The reality for Job Hunting is even when you're in a job you still need to keep your cv up-to-date 'cos you never know what can happen, one day you have a job and the next you don't. My private cleaning job is on hold since the resident I work for is unwell so I've been applying for other work and have updated my cv too. Yes Job Hunting is a full time job.
5 JULY 2017
I returned to my weekly cleaning job last week, very happy to be back.
My husband told me of a looking for work Facebook page so I joined (pending approval). Within a day my request was approved and I put my own Job Wanted ad. A few days later I got a reply to my ad and the next day I was out on a day trial with a cleaning crew. After a 7 hours work day my trial was over and my boss is happy to take me on full time so as of next week I will become part of a cleaning crew and yes I'm keeping my current 4 hours cleaning too and the lady I now work for knows this and understands how important it is to not throw work away 'cos "Work is work".
These days it's great having these websites like Facebook and Neighbourly to have a page to put your own Job Wanted ad 'cos they DO GET NOTICED and even better replied to. Although I know have full time work I've kept my ad posted 'cos anything can happen and I don't want to be out of work. The jobs I'm referring to are in CHRISTCHURCH, NZ. Click this link Christchurch Jobs Wanted and Jobs Going
11 July 2017
My purpose of this blog is not just to share my experience and tips how to find work it's more to show even though I don't drive it is possible to get work. My boss in my new cleaning job has me bus and walk to her place then she drives me round to jobs and drives me home afterwards, she sees me as a great worker and knows I don't drive so me meeting her halfway works great. Thanks to her understanding she shows me that I can still hold down a job and not drive.
16 AUGUST 2017
Its happened to me again my new cleaning job has gone on hold due to my boss personal life, my other person I do 4 hours weekly is still unwell so I'm job hunting again. Have taken action put my ad back on Christchurch Jobs Wanted and Jobs Going and Another Christchurch Jobs Facebook Page (recommended by my friend), Have registered and applied for work on https://www.mycare.co.nz/ It's like I said no job is guaranteed so keep on applying no matter what.
6 SEPTEMBER 2017
Still out of work and it's 'cos there's A LOT of competition for cleaning work. I've put another ad on https://www.neighbourly.co.nz/message/view/30951389
Fingers crossed I get some work. NEVER GIVE UP.
11 SEPTEMBER 2017
Sadly my cleaning job is no more, the lady decided to work on her own, she's just starting out so I understand how she will save money not having to pay any workers but herself, at least I know where I stand so I can move on.
Speaking of moving on I had an interview for a job through My Care today so wait and see what happens.http://jobhuntingchch.blogspot.co.nz/2016/10/cleaning-job-trial-run.html
19 SEPTEMBER 2017
Met the client through My Care and yes got the job :)
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2018
The job I had through My Care ended so job hunting continues and I've already emailed my work experience details for a future job opportunity in motel cleaning. Sooo damn frustrating not being able to stay in a job but that's how it is for this mum so Keep on keeping on and Never Give Up.
Found a job vacancy through Neighbourly and after a job interview I had my first day motel cleaning and it is physically demanding so need to eat a better breakfast. Lots to remember just taking each day at a time. Very grateful to have this opportunity :)
23 JANUARY 2018
In my third week motel cleaning and challenge is working in heat, need my water bottle to help stay hydrated. Learning lots and improving each time.
25 FEBRUARY 2018
Into my 7th week motel cleaning so still doing the 90 day trial.
27 NOVEMBER 2018
To date I now have 3 private cleans and always looking for work through My Care. I made it through my 90 day trial motel cleaning and had lots of work from Jan-April then through winter it was nothing and this is when I picked up more private cleans.
9 AUGUST 2019
Long time no blog.
Job hunting is the story of my life atm. Sadly have lost all private cleans π It was cos of situation change in their lives so nothing personal just had to do what was right for them.
I did have a short job thru My Care taking care of a woman's husband who was in early stage of Dementia so she was free to do whatever for herself. Job ended as her husband was getting worse and started wondering, which is beyond my skills, it seems he needs extra care possibly will end up in a Dementia Care Unit.
I've applied for 2 jobs now play the waiting game. In the meantime I'm up skilling doing the Health Care Level 4 course thru Kalandra and to help with reoccurring low back injury I'm using the gym 3x week so keeping busy π
10 SEPTEMBER 2019
Didnt get the 2 jobs I applied for.
Have applied for 2 Care worker jobs, now play the waiting game π€
16 OCTOBER 2019
No luck with Careworker jobs.
Have been accepted as part of The Recruitment Network team and my first cleaning job was at The Christchurch Town Hall. 3 hrs walking here, there, everywhere to check bathrooms were always clean. The Town Hall has lots of twists and turns so easy to get lost, which I did. I was working with a guy and it was good to have 2 of us covering everything. He was great to work with π Overall if I'm asked to return its a YES π
For any readers hope this blog does help you find work and if you are job hunting too and would like to share your experience feel free to comment.
18 AUGUST 2016
I had appointment with Miranda Smith Homecare today and now awaiting a police check should take 3 weeks. I had an interesting
chat about what clothing is expected from some clients reason is the client doesnt want their careworker to look like a careworker 'cause they seem embarrassed that they need help so like their careworker to dress like a friend of theirs. I was shocked hearing this as I've never had appropriate clothing discussed when I was a careworker many years ago. I do understand that the wishes of the client need to be respected and just feel sad that they feel embarassed needing help when they shouldn't.
Although I'm registered with MSH there's no guarantee I'll get work and allowed to have work elsewhere.
Speaking of elsewhere I tried applying online at Medcall but had technical problems so will go apply in person tomorrow.
19 AUGUST 2016
I went into Medcall today but was told the job was for residential so retirement village and I'm experienced and only qualified for community work, helping someone in their own home. The lady appreciated me coming in person and was sorry it wasn't the work I'm looking for. The joys of job hunting is getting your hopes up just to have them crushed, despite my disappointment I'll keep looking.
22 AUGUST 2016
Got a reply from Nurse Maude and 'cause all their Careworker community work requires driving so I'm out. I've got one more care agency to try so wait and see what happens.
21 SEPTEMBER 2016
I applied for a Community Support Worker at Health Care NZ and it has been over a week so I called to follow up to see if my application had been received. I was told there have already been 80 applications and they won't be looked at till after the cut off date this Friday 23 September. Talk about competition eek!
14 OCTOBER 2016
I went for a job interview for a cleaning job today and I'm on a month trial to see how things go. I start next week :) How I found this job was I joined a neighbourly website placed my own ad looking for cleaning work and someone replied and has given me the opportunity for weekly work read about it at http://jobhuntingchch.blogspot.co.nz/2016/10/cleaning-job-trial-run.html
No reply from Health Care NZ regarding Community Support Worker yet.
2 NOVEMBER 2016
I have a job interview tomorrow at a Bar/Restaurant just up the road where I live, I'll let ya know how it goes.
3 NOVEMBER 2016
Happy my job interview at the Bar/Restaurant went well, I'm going to be trained and see how I go :) Watch this space.
23 NOVEMBER 2016
No reply from Health Care NZ so I'm guessing the position has been filled.
25 NOVEMBER 2016
I followed up about my training at the Bar/Restaurant and it was a misunderstanding, they already have their staff so no guarantee of anything :(
15 FEBRUARY 2017
Saw this job today and had 2 hours to get my application together to get it in on time. Now play the waiting game. I do feel disadvantaged by them wanting someone 12 years and older, sounds like they're looking for someone school age so they will be paid less. No harm in trying.
22 FEBRUARY 2011
Didn't get the job but nice to get a reply :)
19 JUNE 2017
The reality for Job Hunting is even when you're in a job you still need to keep your cv up-to-date 'cos you never know what can happen, one day you have a job and the next you don't. My private cleaning job is on hold since the resident I work for is unwell so I've been applying for other work and have updated my cv too. Yes Job Hunting is a full time job.
5 JULY 2017
I returned to my weekly cleaning job last week, very happy to be back.
My husband told me of a looking for work Facebook page so I joined (pending approval). Within a day my request was approved and I put my own Job Wanted ad. A few days later I got a reply to my ad and the next day I was out on a day trial with a cleaning crew. After a 7 hours work day my trial was over and my boss is happy to take me on full time so as of next week I will become part of a cleaning crew and yes I'm keeping my current 4 hours cleaning too and the lady I now work for knows this and understands how important it is to not throw work away 'cos "Work is work".
These days it's great having these websites like Facebook and Neighbourly to have a page to put your own Job Wanted ad 'cos they DO GET NOTICED and even better replied to. Although I know have full time work I've kept my ad posted 'cos anything can happen and I don't want to be out of work. The jobs I'm referring to are in CHRISTCHURCH, NZ. Click this link Christchurch Jobs Wanted and Jobs Going
11 July 2017
My purpose of this blog is not just to share my experience and tips how to find work it's more to show even though I don't drive it is possible to get work. My boss in my new cleaning job has me bus and walk to her place then she drives me round to jobs and drives me home afterwards, she sees me as a great worker and knows I don't drive so me meeting her halfway works great. Thanks to her understanding she shows me that I can still hold down a job and not drive.
16 AUGUST 2017
Its happened to me again my new cleaning job has gone on hold due to my boss personal life, my other person I do 4 hours weekly is still unwell so I'm job hunting again. Have taken action put my ad back on Christchurch Jobs Wanted and Jobs Going and Another Christchurch Jobs Facebook Page (recommended by my friend), Have registered and applied for work on https://www.mycare.co.nz/ It's like I said no job is guaranteed so keep on applying no matter what.
6 SEPTEMBER 2017
Still out of work and it's 'cos there's A LOT of competition for cleaning work. I've put another ad on https://www.neighbourly.co.nz/message/view/30951389
Fingers crossed I get some work. NEVER GIVE UP.
11 SEPTEMBER 2017
Sadly my cleaning job is no more, the lady decided to work on her own, she's just starting out so I understand how she will save money not having to pay any workers but herself, at least I know where I stand so I can move on.
Speaking of moving on I had an interview for a job through My Care today so wait and see what happens.http://jobhuntingchch.blogspot.co.nz/2016/10/cleaning-job-trial-run.html
19 SEPTEMBER 2017
Met the client through My Care and yes got the job :)
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2018
The job I had through My Care ended so job hunting continues and I've already emailed my work experience details for a future job opportunity in motel cleaning. Sooo damn frustrating not being able to stay in a job but that's how it is for this mum so Keep on keeping on and Never Give Up.
Found a job vacancy through Neighbourly and after a job interview I had my first day motel cleaning and it is physically demanding so need to eat a better breakfast. Lots to remember just taking each day at a time. Very grateful to have this opportunity :)
23 JANUARY 2018
In my third week motel cleaning and challenge is working in heat, need my water bottle to help stay hydrated. Learning lots and improving each time.
25 FEBRUARY 2018
Into my 7th week motel cleaning so still doing the 90 day trial.
27 NOVEMBER 2018
To date I now have 3 private cleans and always looking for work through My Care. I made it through my 90 day trial motel cleaning and had lots of work from Jan-April then through winter it was nothing and this is when I picked up more private cleans.
9 AUGUST 2019
Long time no blog.
Job hunting is the story of my life atm. Sadly have lost all private cleans π It was cos of situation change in their lives so nothing personal just had to do what was right for them.
I did have a short job thru My Care taking care of a woman's husband who was in early stage of Dementia so she was free to do whatever for herself. Job ended as her husband was getting worse and started wondering, which is beyond my skills, it seems he needs extra care possibly will end up in a Dementia Care Unit.
I've applied for 2 jobs now play the waiting game. In the meantime I'm up skilling doing the Health Care Level 4 course thru Kalandra and to help with reoccurring low back injury I'm using the gym 3x week so keeping busy π
10 SEPTEMBER 2019
Didnt get the 2 jobs I applied for.
Had a job interview for a cleaning position but again didn't get the job π I'm so over applying for job after job and getting nothing, very disheartening π23 SEPTEMBER 2019
Have applied for 2 Care worker jobs, now play the waiting game π€
16 OCTOBER 2019
No luck with Careworker jobs.
Have been accepted as part of The Recruitment Network team and my first cleaning job was at The Christchurch Town Hall. 3 hrs walking here, there, everywhere to check bathrooms were always clean. The Town Hall has lots of twists and turns so easy to get lost, which I did. I was working with a guy and it was good to have 2 of us covering everything. He was great to work with π Overall if I'm asked to return its a YES π
18 NOVEMBER 2019
Another job app unsuccessful for a Caregiver position in a rest home due to others having more experience than me. I feel frustrated trying to get experience in a rest home but no one will give me a chance, I'm caught in a catch 22 π€¬
Job hunting continues...
New Year's 2020
Had another cleaning shift at Town Hall helping with an event. May become regular work for me there π
Got my previous Housekeeping job back, finally have ongoing regular work π
Still studying NZ Certificate in Healthcare and Wellbeing Dementia Level 4, and going to gym help with reoccurring lower back injury and started new physio programme.
19 January 2020
The challenging part of study is finding work placement so now contacting Rest Homes specialise in Dementia Care to do volunteer work. Finding work in community not going well, never give up keep on keeping on.
Still have ongoing private Housekeeping, at least its something, always wanting more.
Applied for Housekeeping job at Town Hall, still awaiting any reply.
23 JANUARY 2020
Didn't get Housekeeping job at Town Hall.
I've put a recent ad on looking for both Housekeeping and Community Support Work. Still need workplacement to finish study assessment, even asked for any volunteer work.
30 January 2020
Have applied for Carer position through My Care, now play the waiting game π€
11 June 2020
A big gap since last post January. The Carer position was removed. Since March the whole world were affected by COVID19 pandemic, all countries went into Level 4 lockdown. During this time my current work wasn't seen as essential so went on hold.
Finally on 9 June NZ dropped to level 1 so no more COVID19 and we return to our new normal lives.
I got in touch with the work I had pre COVID19 lockdown and they both don't require any home help.
I've applied for a Housekeeping position with Eco Bird Cleaning and a Community Support Worker position with new service Good Friends. I hope me not driving won't go against my applications, this is my realisation why I find work hard to get, didn't think not having a drivers licence would impact on job hunting.
Now play the waiting game π€
15 JANUARY 2021
Long time no blog. Have been constantly job hunting, applying for jobs, and unsuccessful, not even a job interview π Despite feeling rejected I have hope, its something I never give up on always hoping to find work, in my heart I guess to never give up π
2 FEBRUARY 2021
Finally got work thru My Care. Its just 3 hours but a start π
1 MARCH 2021
Have applied for a Support Worker/Caregiver position with St John of God Hauora Trust π€
22 MAY 2021
Never heard back bout St John of God Support Worker position so it's a definite NO, NEXT OPPORTUNITY, trying to stay positive π
Today had job interview for Support Work to help an elderly couple do things in their home
and assist the blind elderly man with walking trips. I had a practice walking him up his driveway and back, learning I walked too fast for him so need to slow down to a pace comfortable for him, communication is very important to know he feels safe and comfortable with me assisting him.
Currently I have total 5 hrs Community Support work, doesn't sound like much but the distance I travel to and from these jobs fill most of my days. I feel very grateful having any work I get π
11 AUGUST 2021
Applied for a Stocktake job and got it π It took some time to get the hang of it and once I did it was good. Only frustrating part was trying to scan some items when bunched together and when moving front to back the front items would fall off the hanger π€ I had to stocktake socks and they were very fiddly, took 3 times scanning to match up the manual counting. Socks had fallen and cos they were black colour it was camouflaged so I didn't see them, third time lucky it finally was right π
I'm now on their register so if any more stocktake jobs come up I'll definitely do it π
Great new experience to add to my CV.
28 September 2021
Now have 5 hrs doing Community Support Work, plus have ongoing Stocktake work and always looking for more hours. In this crazy Covid world we're living in I'll grab whatever I can get π
I did have an interview for a Cyclist Delivery person and after the interview I had time to process all that was said and I felt overwhelmed with the responsibilities of the job π² Thankfully I didn't get it, never thought I'd say No but had to be realistic and them not hiring me was the right decision π
I continue to job hunt and apply for whatever I'm suited for. NEVER GIVE UP π
22 November 2021
Stocktake work has stopped since October there's been nothing, I'm wondering if it has to do with government vaccine mandates AKA No Jab No Jobπ€
Today I applied for a Nightfill Christmas Team Member job so π€
Lately I've been finding lots of job sites to find work, some I'd never heard of: Jooble, Indeed, Seek NZ, Trademe Jobs, The Recruitment Network, My Care, Facebook jobs. I'm doing all I can to find ongoing work. Never Give Up π
25 November 2021
Got reply bout Nightfill Christmas Team Member, NO AKA Next Opportunity.
29 November 2021
Had a temp job cleaning at a school and it was a complete disaster π
Firstly where I thought the school was located it wasn't, I got mixed up. The crazy thing was I searched how to get there and all info was right there in front of my face and my brain decided against it and made a mistake that caused me to arrive at the right school 30 mins late π
I arrive at the right school 30 mins late and walk around trying to find my way in, thankfully someone else showed up and let me in.
The guy led me to where to put my belongings and told me to wait he would get the right person to do my induction with me.
After some waiting the appointed person showed up and took me through my induction telling me everything I needed to know how to do the job, his name was Patrick and he was nice, felt comfortable and not nervous around him. Yes we both wore a mask since still in level 2 π· I was asked if I was double vaxxed ππ, of course I said Yes and if he wanted to see my vaccination certificate which was on my cellphone not with me and would need to get it. Patrick accepted I was telling the truth and didn't need to see my vaccination certificate.
Induction done I was passed on to a cleaner who took me to the Art department where I was told I would be sanitising all surfaces e.g tables, taps, door handles, light switches etc.
I started to clean and misunderstood what was meant by sanitise. I was supposed to just spray and wipe. I ended cleaning all the tables scrubbing all the paint off it. Doh. It was no wonder when the cleaner I was appointed to said I was falling behind not knowing I had been scrubbing the paint off instead to just sanitising.
Long story short I got through to the end of 4 hour shift.
After lots of self reflection I realised the job was too far to travel to considering the pay would be the same I would get for my Friday job. Thanks to my husband he picked me up after work, he didn't like the thought of me to bus home at night. Knowing this in the future I won't accept work that ends late at night if its too far to travel home using a ride share e.g. Ola, UBER.
I think back to what was causing my brain not to follow the right info I had in front of me to get the location all wrong π
Leading up to accepting the job that morning my sleep was disturbed by noise over our fence in an industrial area, and noise next door with loud Tradie's talking to each other.
Since I couldn't sleep I got up put laundry in, did my physio gym workout, raked loose grass from the weed eating. Hung out washing, put more in. I ate very little before receiving the job alert.
Within 2 hours of receiving and accepting the temp job that's all the time I had given myself to prepare.
Upon reflection I accepted the job assignment since I had no work from this job recruitment network all year finally something came along and I took it.
Despite the stress from mistakes I made I can put this event down to experience and learn from it, turning a negative into a positive π
21 December 2021
Received an email regarding Stocktake work telling me why there hasn't been any during November and December. Thankfully it will start up again after New Year's π₯³ Yes all employees have to be double vaxxed ππ and show our Vaccine Pass at any job.
22 January 2022
Currently I do Community Support Work and Stocktaking plus whatever else I can get, it's how finding work is these days, I take what I can get.
26 January 2022
I applied for a Personal Shopper position πand got an interview. I had my interview today, will find out end of next week, lots of interviews are being done for 3 different positions. The fact I got an interview really surprised me and if I don't get the job I'm happy to just get an interview π
3 February 2022
Didnt get Personal Shopper position, but like I said I was happy to get an interview that seems to be the hardest part to get when applying for jobs. I'm happy with my ongoing stocktake and home help work, always looking for more hours.
11 MAY 2022
Back Stocktaking and what's even better is cos I've had Covid I can use my exemption not to wear a mask since I have difficulty breathing. Truth is since I had Covid in March I still have difficulty breathing normally and use an inhaler to help, I guess it's a long term affect of Covid.
We did stocktake for 4 hrs straight without any breaks, I did a lot of drinking water and sucked on throat lollies to keep up my energy to help me through.
In regards to the elderly couple I did Housework for, unfortunately the wife fell out of bed and broke her arm, ended in hospital. The husband is blind and with noone to take care of him he had to go into residential care. I don't know if it will be permanent but to be honest it would be in both their interests for their health and safety to go into permanent residential care.
I await their update as to whether I return or not.
4 JULY 2022
Update I've returned to do Housework for the elderly couple π
Stocktake work has been A LOT, no shortage very busy π
13 AUGUST 2022
OMFG π€― Stocktake job I did was crazy what was expected of a worker. There was a location sooo huge I thought it would never end. After 3 1/2 hrs in this one location I counted over 1,000 items. There were boxes and in each box were packs of cards, had to pull every card out of the many packets, scan one barcode, count how many cards with the same barcode, put the quantity into scanner, write down total to help write total of items on box when done. I felt each box should have been a separate location, it was overwhelming I felt like it wouldn't end ππ When it was time to have a break I couldn't since I was leaving early, I worked through till I had completed that location of 1,000 items. Absolute madness π€ͺπ€
I'm getting fed up with people who arrive late, delaying us to start work which keeps us longer to finish. I'm still grateful despite my frustration to have this work, it beats cleaning and helping me to improve my maths which I'm crap at. Work is work and I'll take whatever I can get π
14 JANUARY 2024
I've picked up 2 new cleaning jobs through Neighbourly. One is close to home just a walk and the other a short bike ride. I start one of the new jobs tomorrow, just cleaning bathrooms, mop floors and vacuum, estimate 2 hours work.
The other cleaning job will be a job interview to meet and be shown what they need. My awesome client through My Care was my reference and she convinced this lady to give me a go.
Currently I've been employed with My Care supporting the same client for 3 years. The other cleaning job (friend referral) has been 2 years.
I still do Stocktake when available.
26 NOVEMBER 2024
Quick update I'm moving away from cleaning jobs as my body is breaking down. To clean I need to wear knee pads help with bending and kneeling down, without knee pads my knees suffer with pain π
My hands cramp from scrubbing. Not to mention my hips and pelvis hurt with simple walking, yes I do physio exercises to help and take pain relief too.
I'm in my 40s going into 50s, learning to listen to my body to work smarter not harder π
6 FEBRUARY 2025
I'm moving away from Community Support Work and into Early Childhood Education. I enjoyed being a stay-at-home Mum for 8 years, watching my boys grow into young men. I used to be a Teacher Aide 20+ years ago and back then no qualification needed, now I need the Early Childhood Education Certificate to qualify. I'm in the process of enrolling and getting my application together to study at Ara (Polytechnic Institute for Learning). Feels good finding guidance to know where I'm going in life, not getting any younger and need to plan ahead for my future retirement π Upskilling is part of getting work these days.
17 February 2025
Got accepted for Early Childhood Education level 4 course, just on waiting list since I enrolled late. I've been told to attend this week being Introduction week, help get to know stuff. I'll blog bout my journey in a new post FROM ADULT STUDENT TO EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION GRADUATE.



Comments
Post a Comment