BARRIERS/CHALLENGES

When job hunting we do face barriers or as I prefer to call them challenges. When you've been a stay-at-home parent/caregiver and it's time to return to the workforce there are barriers. Barriers like our kids who are under 14 years old and still need adult supervision, to get them to school and bring them home again, so unless the hours of work are within these times you can't commit to the job. I was interested in a Hospital Aide job but the hours were during getting kids ready for school and taking them to school so couldn't even apply for it. So yeah our kids can be a challenge to finding work too, nothing against them of course.
Not just our kids ages when they are sick from school our job needs to work in with our family life too and some of us don't have anyone who will take care of them while you go to work. My biggest challenge finding work is school holidays it's not easy finding care for our kids so we can work. So school holidays are a challenge finding work too.

I'm applying for a Careworker position and part of the job application is proof of ID. Since I don't have a drivers license or valid passport I have a form that needs to be filled out by someone who has known me for over a year, not a relative and doesn't live at the same address, so this is delaying my application. I don't understand why 18+ card isn't acceptable when it uses photo ID, it should be made a legal document so it is accepted for proof of Photo ID in job applications.


Update my Proof of Identity form has been filled out so tick that off, now just having a police check, so more waiting for now. Joys after applying for work play the waiting game and hope to hear back regardless if got job or not.

9 November 2020 

I've been trying to apply for a Careworker Role and facing barriers.

First I tried applying online but their website won't accept my file. I ended updating my CV, typing a Cover letter, getting it all photocopied and visited the workplace to hand my CV in person. Upon arrival I scanned my visit with COVID19 app, used the handsanitiser they provided at reception. 
After waiting patiently the receptionist shows to tell me they don't accept hard copies of CVs, gave me a business card and email address to send my CV/Cover Letter to.

I thanked her with a smile and left feeling angry, damn frustrated and extremely exhausted 🤬😔

The whole trip was walking almost 9kms  just to be told to apply to an email address 🙄

I ended attaching my CV/Cover Letter to email address given just to reply I have to apply through their website FFS. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!

This vacancy isn't worth the negative impact on my health and well-being so won't be continuing my application. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Careers Advice

New Job Vacancy